Monday, June 13, 2011

Meet Ruby..

Ruby is the newest addition to this already large family and we are enjoying her a lot. She is a sweet lab/greyhound mix that we rescued from the pound last week. Jay has been bugging me for a lonnnng time to get a dog and I finally gave in (although truthfully it was for Mayci, lol). Most of you know our track record with dogs is not a great one...we got 2 pups when Avery was a 6 weeks old, which quickly became way too much work, then we owned a very hairy and hyper (although very nice) dog named Max (whose owner I still keep in touch with) and then there was Sadie :(  Let's hope that Ruby will be our forever dog. She is really great with the kids, housebroken, doesn't shed (I think her coat is more greyhoundish) and isn't a jumper or runner...I think this meets all of my criteria folks!! Yay for me.

Oh, I forgot the funniest part. We found Ruby last Monday. We were told she was a he so we could not bring him home b/c he needed to stay and be neutered. We spent all night finding a name for our male dog and finally settled on Odie. Then, we go to pick Odie up on Tuesday only to be told that they were wrong and he was a spayed female! Nice. We were back to the drawing board on a name and settled on Ruby when she was acting like she knew the name and responded to it, lol. Guess that'll teach you to verify the information that is provided to you on documents, etc!!


          A view from the pound :(
  She was right at home in the car

 
Did so great getting bathed!

And her proud sister! Mayci loves her dog!

No comments: