I have been very busy around here. I have mentioned my re-organization mode but I've been working on several projects as well just to get things looking good!
I recently moved a lot of the playroom closet items to the laundry room in an effort to few up the closet for our new baby girl. I've also had my craft stuff stored in there so I worked hard to centralize things and get it to be so I wasn't scared to enter the laundry room, lol!
Thanks to my friend, Rebecca, I also got started sewing. It's been some time but we got my machine all working and my first REAL project was a little valance for my laundry room. I didn't want to spend the money on fabric but after a stop by Goodwill and picking up a 4' x 9' sheet of fabric for $3.99, I could not resist. I now have a ton of it and it really all matches our home colors so be prepared to see it again (and again, lol). Even though I've been told valances are for old people (thanks Cristal, guess I would be considered old to you), I am pretty happy with the turn out! It just adds a little life & color to my drab laundry/craft area!
I also used this fabric to create a little framed "F" monogram to display on on entertainment center. I am not sure about it up there though, it may move but I do like the end result!
My laundry room valance!
Hope everyone is having a great week!
5 comments:
Oooh that "F" turned on great!
Geez throw me under the bus! That valanve did turn out good, I just feel like if Im going to have a curtain I want it to keep "all" the sunlight out. The "F" is cute!
I love the "F" picture.
Can I put one on my wish list for Christmas?
Curtains turned out good, too.
Guess you know it's not actually Dad making the comment, I just use his identity log in.
Mom
Sure, Jim, I'll make you one anytime! Pick out some fabric and I'll do it! And yes, I know it's you, Mary :-)
Post a Comment