On Friday night we had a really fun pizza party night...us sister in laws hung out, cousins played and we had pizza & monkey bread. The kids and I came home, they took baths & went to bed and Jay and I had popcorn & watched a movie. Jay went to bed around 11 and I stayed up. Around 11:30/12, I started feeling sick. I had taken my pre-natal a little while before, so I attributed it to that. I went to bed around 12:30 and was not in bed for 10 minutes before the vomiting started. Well, it didn't stop. I thew up about every 5 minutes until 4am, when I finally decided I better call the dr. I had started vomited blood (sorry for all the details) and I also had abdominal and back pain. The dr. said to get to the ER. Somehow, I stumbled out of the house and drove 20 minutes to the hospital. Let me just say that God was watching over me because I really do not remember how I made it there. I was throwing up the whole way and had been up since about 6am Friday morning...so going on 24 hours. I made it and they got me in quickly. I was lucky to have my mother and father in law show up not long after. Jay was home with the sleeping kids so he couldn't leave but it was nice not to be there alone. They ran tests to find that I had a kidney infection and Urinary Tract Infection. Not fun. They were concerned about the risk of pre-term labor as a result of these infections so I was admitted to the hospital. They gave me antibiotics and made sure that my white blood cell count went down and I was released yesterday afternoon.
Needless to say, Baby Maddi and I are doing fine. I am still quite tired and achy feeling and on antibiotics but I know that people go through a lot worse and this is nothing on comparison to that. I feel very blessed to have had the Lord watching over me and Maddi and to have had Jay's family here and able to help in ALL the many ways they did from going to the grocery store to entertaining the kids so Jay could spend some time at the hospital and most of all taking away from their entire weekend. The kids felt like they had a little mini vacation, of course.
Well, off to bed for these girls - hope everyone has a great week!
1 comment:
Oh, I'm so sorry Kelli! I guess that's a good enough excuse why I didn't see you Sunday. Haha. Take care of yourself and the bambino!
Post a Comment